About Me

My photo
Dubuque, Iowa, United States
I'm a woman obsessed with cats. In this blog, I channel my absent Siamese cat named Angel. She lives with my family in this blog, 3 teenagers, a 4 year old boy and a 15 month old little girl. Life is complicated here. We twitter often, but be prepared for teenage interruptions as well as baby moments... Hope you find it interesting here....

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

No Kill Dubuque


Apparently Dubuque, IA is NOT a no-kill city. I want to change this and do good before I leave and move back to Chicago. My first step is going to be trying to do a 2011 Spay Day here. Not sure about the next step but I'm finishing the book, "Redemption" by Nathan Winograd. If you'd like to help, I've set up a chipin page for minor pamphlet, etc. expenses. Not going to ask for much, but I sure as heck want to get these veterinarians thinking of donating their time for spaying/neutering animals to help us keep down the overpopulation and help the people with money problems get their animals spayed/neutered. Next will be TNR for feral cats. Am I crazy to take on so much work? Let me just say...anyone who has experience setting up a Spay Day can contact me in the comment section. I NEED the help! Thanks all for listening to my rant. And last, but not least, Dubuque's Humane Society was actually mentioned in "Redemption" as not being good for a No-Kill Nation!

















This is the story of animal sheltering in the United States, a movement that was born of compassion and then lost its way. It is the story of the No Kill movement, which says we can and must stop the killing. It is about heroes and villains, betrayal and redemption. And it is about a social movement as noble and just as those that have come before. But most of all, it is a story about believing in the community and trusting in the power of compassion.

No comments:

Post a Comment